Original Medicare is a health insurance plan provided by the federal government for individuals 65 or older. It consists of two parts, Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). However, Medicare has many gaps in its coverage.
Pennsylvania Medicare Supplemental plans, or Medigap, are health insurance plans provided by private health insurance carriers that help to fill in the gaps that Original Medicare has. Pennsylvania Medicare Supplemental plans can help cover expenses such as coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Pennsylvania Medicare health plan that's right for me?
Some options to explore when choosing a Pennsylvania Medicare Supplemental Plan include:
- Monthly premium
- Annual Deductible
- Foreign Travel Emergency
- Skilled Nursing Coverage
- At Home Recovery
- Prescription Drug Coverage
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.
Where can I read about Pennsylvania Medicare?
Medicare Health Insurance